resources to find therapists in India
While we cannot vouch for the quality of therapists here, these lists are a starting point if you have no other means of finding a therapist. Please read through the Essentials section to inform yourself on this process and to help yourself choose well.
- Therapy in India: A Mumbai focused list sourced from our personal network
- The Mind Clan: A specially curated list of therapists focused on Mumbai
- iCall: A user-crowdsourced list of over 120 therapists with detailed information, by Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Various Therapists: Crowdsourced from a group of therapists, more likely to have quality references compared to user-based lists
- Live Love Laugh Foundation: A list of therapists by state, with basic contact details
You can call these helplines to get specific references.
- iCall helpline by TISS: 022-25521111 | 08:00 AM to 10:00 PM | Monday to Saturday
- Parivarthan helpline: +91 7676 602 602 | 04:00 PM to 10:00 PM | Monday to Friday
- Lifeline foundation helpline: 033-24637401 | 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM | Monday to Sunday